There are different types of mobile cranes, and knowing which crane to use for different operations will help you request the right equipment for your specific needs. At Dependable Crane, the mobile crane fleet can assist with different types of hoisting operations and know exactly what type of crane is used to install the HVAC.
HVAC Crane Services for Installation
The type of crane used to install the HVAC depends on a variety of factors. HVAC units tend to be very heavy, but different types of cranes can lift them to the height required for installation. Several factors that affect the type of mobile crane used for HVAC installation work include:
- Installation location
If the HVAC unit is installed on a paved road downtown, the type of crane required will differ from the installation of HVAC on a new construction site with the unfinished or unstable ground. Since some types of mobile cranes can be operated in a smaller space than others, accessibility to the site also affects the type of crane used.
- Building height
One of the main factors determining the crane used to install an HVAC unit is the height of the building in which the unit is going to install. The crane has a maximum height that needs to be used, depending on the reach of the machine and the weight of the load to be lifted. Therefore, be sure to consult us to plan your work.
- HVAC unit dimensions
The weight and size of the HVAC unit is another major factor in determining the type of crane used. If the unit is heavy enough, a unique mobile crane may be required.
If you want to know more about the types of cranes used to install HVAC, or more about the crane rentals and services offered by Dependable Crane, call us at 916-306-7474, visit our website or visit our office at 360 N 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95811.
Signs That a Crane May Be Needed to Install HVAC
HVAC often shows many signs that its life is approaching its end. It may not heat or cool as efficiently as it used to, the electricity bill may rise suddenly, or the unit may suddenly need to be repaired after repair. Regardless of the signs your HVAC unit is giving you, you may start thinking about saving money and buying a new HVAC and installing it. If this is your first time dealing with this at home, you may not be sure if you will need a crane for the installation process, so knowing in advance that you will need HVAC Crane Services can help you manage your budget.
Below are some signs that a crane may be needed to install HVAC:
- HVAC unit in tight or compact space
- A crane may be needed to install the HVAC because the HVAC unit is in a tight or compact space. For example, if the passage leading to the unit is narrower than the width of the unit, you may need a crane because there is no other way to fight the unit there. Many homes have subdivisions, which can make it difficult for the crew to carry the HVAC unit behind or to the side of the yard to install the unit. If you have tight or tight spaces, you may need a crane.
- There is an HVAC unit mounted on the roof.
- If you have a roof-mounted HVAC unit, use a crane to remove the old unit from the roof and lift the new unit into place. There are several solutions to removing an old unit from the roof without a crane, but there is no other way to bring the unit to the roof without risking damage to the unit or injury to the crew without a crane. To determine if there are roof-mounted units, simply check where the units are currently located. If it is on the roof, it will be mounted on the roof.
- The HVAC is designed for commercial needs.
- Another symptom of the need for a crane to install an HVAC is whether there is a commercial HVAC unit or a unit designed primarily for commercial needs. If you have a large house, duplex, or triplex where the units can heat multiple units or live in a commercial building such as an apartment above a store, you may have a commercial HVAC. These units are heavier and more challenging to handle than standard residential units. Due to its large size, it must be installed using a crane, regardless of where it is installed.
- If you have more questions regarding the need for a crane to install the HVAC unit, please contact us. Our team looks at your current setup and helps you decide the best way to remove the old drive and install a new drive.
We are a crane expert you can rely on for your HVAC project
In the HVAC world, like most industries, partners need to be on time and, most importantly, on budget. Being on time avoids unnecessary downtime and allows HVAC technicians to complete the project as quickly as possible. Safety, speed, and accuracy are everything when lifting an HVAC unit in the commercial HVAC service industry. This is our goal. Get your work done quickly, efficiently, and most importantly, safely.
Dependable Crane Service
If your business uses cranes to install HVAC equipment in Sacramento or nearby areas, you can benefit from our valuable service. If you are a homeowner who has already purchased an HVAC unit and need a crane company to lift the unit safely, please call us today at 916-306-7474. You will get a meticulously maintained crane with a professional operator at an affordable price.
Management and storage of HVAC crane service
Dependable Crane Service also supports unit management and HVAC inventory storage in protected covered storage areas. The delivery team will coordinate the receipt of the unit, store it in a covered warehouse, and ship it to the site when ready.